Business Bankruptcy Attorney
Learn More About Filing Business Bankruptcy
Business Bankruptcy Attorney- Toledo, Ohio
The Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019:
- The major differences for small businesses under the new subchapter 5 compared to the regular chapter 11 procedures:
- The appointment of a standing trustee
- No requirement to pay United States Trustee (“UST”) quarterly fees
- No appointment of a committee of unsecured creditors,
- No requirement for a disclosure statement to accompany the debtor’s plan of reorganization.
- Within the first 60 days of filing the bankruptcy petition, the court will schedule a status conference to help the direction for the debtor.
- Within 90 days of filing, the debtor’s plan is due.
The bankruptcy process is complicated, but we can guide you through it. Set up an appointment to get your questions answered and see if this type of bankruptcy makes sense for your small business.
Do you offer a free consultation?
Yes, your initial consultation with attorney Scott Ciolek is free for Bankruptcy cases.
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy provides one of the quickest ways to get a fresh start and stop the stress of creditor calls, garnishments, and lawsuits.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy offers property protection and debt discharge in exchange for a commitment to pay back all or a portion of your debts through a payment plan.
Depending on the situation, it may be possible to negotiate modifications with your lender, resulting in a lower interest rate, a lower monthly payment, extending the length of the loan, etc.
How Can We Help?
“We were extremely impressed with the quick response to all questions, calls and emails. Scott was very clear in explaining the process and treated us with the utmost respect.” - Ohio Client